Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Island Escape With the Sheelys!

On July 23 through the 30th Rach and I got invited to an island vacation with the Sheely family! It was a blast! We went To North Captiva Island. Here is the welcome sign as you arrive on the island!
We drove 3 hours away, where we boarded a shuttle which brought us to a ferry that took us to the island. No cars are allowed on the island so we were given a golf cart to help us get around. The four-person golf cart was an interesting mode of transportation for eight people. Let's just say that every available place on the cart was taken up by a body. (I'll insert a pic a little farther down.) This island had some killer sunsets! Because the sunsets were so awesome Momma Sheely was determine to see a sunset every night! Here are some pics from a few of our sunset adventures.
 
 (This photo and the one above are courtesy of Matt Brock.)

 (Group shot courtesy of Eric Sheely.)

 Yes, this pose did take forever to achieve on a wobbling stick. Thank you to Ashley who captured it on film.

There were some awesome activities to do on the island such as bike riding and kayaking. Eric, Marissa, Ashley, Matt, Heather and I all went kayaking down through an outlet and into the ocean! It was so much fun. Eric and his waterproof camera did a great job of capturing the memories we made on our kayak trip. Here are some of his wonderful pics!

Heather was a blast as a kayaking buddy. :) I love her!!!
 
 Midway through the trip though she got a little ambitious and stood up in the front of the kayak. I was terrified that we were going to tip over. She sat down gracefully though and we evaded a catastrophe.
This is Heather and I after kayaking. She still looks as beautiful as ever!
 
On Sunday we all dressed up and piled onto the golf cart to attend the islands church service.
  The service was located on a street called Hidden Way. It really was hidden. We drove around, piled on top of each other and dressed up in the blistering heat, for an entire hour. We even stopped for directions and still the Hidden Way managed to evade the eyes of all eight people on the cart. After the hour had passed and it felt as though we had driven over the entire island, we gave up, changed into our suits, and headed to the beach. The funny thing is that the next day Matt and Ashley found Hidden Way on their island exploration trip. Ironic right?

Well, it was a trip full of fun, rest, relaxation and adventure. I'll finish up with a few more pictures from the trip.


 Life is always better with laughter, friends, and family.
(This picture and the two above are courtesy of Matt Brock.)

(This group photo is courtesy of Marissa.)
So that was our trip! I hope that you enjoy browsing through the memories as much as we enjoyed making them. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment